Thursday, August 15, 2013

Running on the treadmill sans shirt

Okay.  I admit it.  I'm the guy at the fitness club running on the treadmill sans shirt.  As there is no wind inside to cool me down and aid in evaporation of my perspiration, I end up dripping with sweat. During one such shirtless session, I was told  by one of the staff members that I needed to wear a shirt.  I get it, my sweat is getting all over the machine, but it gets all over the machine even if I wear a shirt, just not as much. Anyway, I wipe it off when I'm done.  If I do wear a shirt, by the time I'm done with a 50 minute run, my shirt has absorbed two pounds of sweat.

But my question to the fitness club is, where's the sign that says shirts must be worn inside?  Is it generally known that shirts must be worn inside health clubs or am I just being ridiculous?  We are there to work out and when people work out, they sweat.  I know, I'm being ridiculous.

Now last night I ran at the treadmill I have in my house.  I didn't wear a shirt.  By the end of the run, my running shorts looked like I had just gotten out of a pool.  I guess all the sweat that my shirt would have absorbed ended up trickling down to my shorts.  Either the shirt absorbs half the sweat or the shorts absorb all of it.  Basically, its six of one, a half-dozen of the other.

Okay, I'll wear a shirt at the club, but I don't have to like it.

San Elijo Hills Running Club 

No comments:

Post a Comment